What data do we collect
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
How do we collect data
When you conduct a transaction on our website, register for our newsletter, contact us for information or purchase a product or service through our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, credit card information and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why we collect these data
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our Services;
- To provide our users with ongoing customer assistance and support;
- To be able to contact our visitors and users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Who manages your data?
Our company website is hosted on WordPress.org platform through hosting provider Kinsta. Kinsta provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Kinsta´s data storage, databases and the general Kinsta applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Stripe and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
How do we communicate with you
We may contact you to notify you regarding delivery of your orders or your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
What cookies and tracking tools do we use
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on our website visitor’s browser. They are typically used to keep track of the settings users have selected and actions they have taken on our website.
- To provide a great experience for our visitors and customers.
- To identify our registered members (users who registered on our site).
- To monitor and analyse the performance, operation and effectiveness of our IT provider WordPress.com platform.
- To ensure our website is secure and safe to use.
Our website may use also cookies related to third-party apps or third-party integrations (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Ads).
You can check which cookies are used by each business solution, third-party app or third-party integration using Chrome’s built-in cookie view. While in incognito mode, click the Secure icon next to the URL bar and then select Cookies.
Please refer to the following link for more information regarding cookies and usage of them: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
The following links explain how to access cookie settings in various browsers:
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari (OS X)
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Cookie settings in Android
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please keep in mind that opting out of specific 3rd party tools or deleting cookies might prevent you from accessing all parts of our website.
At any stage you have the right to ask us to stop using personal data for direct marketing purposing by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of data
Orders made with customer data are made anonymous after seven years. We delete inactive client accounts after seven years. The tax authorities in Portugal require us to keep our administration containing your invoice, payment and order information for seven years. After that retention period, we use your data anonymously for internal reporting.
We use strict security measures to prevent the loss, unauthorised use or unlawful changes to your personal data. When we transfer or receive your data, we guarantee your privacy by using modern security technology. All systems in which personal data is processed are equipped with powerful firewalls and strict security.
Who can access your information?
We transfer your data to other parties only if that is necessary. For example, to facilitate the delivery of your order. The following parties have access to your information:
- Our carriers
- Product support
- Payment partners
- IT service providers
- The party that collects our reviews
We may also pass on your details to a debt collection agency and/or bailiff who collects unpaid invoices on our behalf.
Change or delete your data yourself
We store your personal data in your account. If you sign in to your account, you can change your details and adjust your preferences. Do you want to receive or delete all data that we have collected of you? Please let us know by post or email using the contact information below. We may request additional information to establish your identity.
If you have subscribed to the newsletter, we use this information to send the newsletter to you and to personalise it. Do you no longer want to receive it? You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- in accordance with art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us to the extent described therein;
- in accordance with art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with art. 17 GDPR, the right to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing
- to exercise freedom of expression and information;
- for the fulfilment of a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest; or
- for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims
- is required;
- in accordance with art. 18 GDPR, the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as
- the correctness of the data is denied by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it;
- we no longer need the data, but you do need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to art. 21 GDPR;
- In accordance with art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to art. 77 GDPR. You can also contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
Questions or complaints
If you have questions or complaints about your data and the protection of it, you can contact us by post or by email.
Travessa do Bairro dos Ingleses 2
Arrifana Prs. (Portugal)
attn. Data protection officer